Moi

So I guess if I had to choose my favourite blog post of the term (that I wrote) it would have to be my Democracy With Adjectives assignment on fictional democracy (Guatemala). This was my favourite post to write and I think that is because it hits so close to home. I often consider the many social, political, and economic problems that plague Guatemala, but I don’t usually get an opportunity to verbalize these thoughts. Essentially all of my extended family lives in Guatemala City so it is something that is somewhat of a touchy subject for me. I want to spend more time educating myself about Guatemala’s history in hopes of gaining insight to its future. I can only hope that in the future, when I write about Guatemala, I will have positive changes to report and will, by extension, get to enjoy some more peace of mind. I hope that one day in the future when I talk about the circumstances in the country, I won’t have to worry about my relatives; I won’t have to cross my fingers and hope for the best, because there will be real, structural improvements and changes being implemented. Changes that the people of Guatemala deserve.

Roxy

I think my favourite post that I read this term was Roxy’s “So what is democracy, anyway?” I found it to be so refreshingly approachable and insightful. I thought the concepts were good and that it was ultimately pretty informative, but I liked her writing style more than anything. It was light-hearted and humorous and for such a large, heavy topic like democracy, I found the contrast extremely amusing! 🙂

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.