Nov 1 / LinXin

About Mac

My beloved Toshiba had bid farewell to me last weekend. I was so sad indeed, that I thought it would be able to be my inspirational partner for another 3 years. It lived a remarkable life that inspired me greatly. I will miss my lappy dearly.=(

Life has to go on though. I cannot immerse myself too long in bereavement. So I spent my weekend on researching my new potential partner. I narrowed down my choices to Macbook Air and Macbook Pro. I recalled my friend Chang Jie has posted comments about Macbook Air (Tamar showed that in class). After reading through his comments I somehow disagree with a few points. Firstly, I find it very inconvenient to have only one USB port. After plugging in mouse I can’t connect mac air to other electronics like printer. Also, without the driver, it makes life more difficult when installing softwares that come in CD or DVD. Perhaps there are some ways to deal with these problems well, but currently I’m not educated on how to solve these problems, plus it’s time-consuming to do that. I was initially tempted by its beautiful solid design and amazingly small and light body; however as a traditional laptop user, Macbook Air will only be in my evoked set (marketing term!) when I want something fancy, light and highly portable. So in the end, I chose Macbook Pro! Will be receiving my little pretty partner in a few days more. Yipppeee! =)