Facilitating

I’ve lived, learned, and worked with many different people – from private school youth to what funders call ‘at-risk’ youth, from university faculty to Kenyan community organizers. I consistently find ways to appreciate, learn from, laugh with, and love other humans. As a facilitator I’ve thought quite a lot about group process and that helps me have a perspective on how to approach and engage in groups in a meaningful way.

In addition to participating in and leading a variety of facilitation trainings over the years, I have taken training in Theatre for Living (with David Diamond) and would love to work more with such approaches. I began experimenting with graphic facilitation in fall 2013, and am open to amateur attempts to visually document conversations.

On this page I’ll share bits and pieces of the work I have taken on. Enjoy!

Global Solidarity Retreat: Report now available

The Artesana Global Solidarity Retreat, held Sept 26 – 28th on Gambier Island, provided an opportunity for people from the Lower mainland to explore issues related to international solidarity with feminist, artist and activist Sandra Moran from the Guatemalan women’s … Continue reading

Artesana Global Solidarity Retreat – Sept 16 – 18, 2014

Global Solidarity Retreat with Sandra Moran, Artesana September 26-28, 2014; ongoing solidarity into 2015 and beyond summary report (pdf)  | full report (pdf) The Artesana Global Solidarity Retreat, held Sept 26 – 28th on Gambier Island, provided an opportunity for people … Continue reading

Ideas: Part-time Changemakers

Having worked for years in the non-profit sector, I have seen community development professionals work hard with very limited resources. Now, as I transition to working within the post-secondary context, I meet more and more intelligent people who could have … Continue reading

Non-profit facilitation

As a community builder, educator, and social entrepreneur, being involved in purpose-driven work in the non-profit sector brings me joy and life. In the past many years I have had the pleasure of working fairly closely with several non-profit organizations to … Continue reading