UBC in the palm of my hands

As you may all know UBC has launched an iPhone app!

I recognize that the UBC iPhone App strengthens its brand awareness of UBC’s brand equity. The UBC App enhances UBC brand awareness because the app opens up to a greater market (UBC staff, prospective students, current students, professionals, etc) to get familiar with UBC. Although I am a current student, I find the perceived value of the UBC App not highly valuable, since it’s free for everyone to download and it’s not exclusive to just only UBC students, there is not much value to myself but valuable to external UBC members. The content of the App I would say is valuable. The UBC App logo is UBC itself, however if you are not a current student or staff of UBC you would not be familiar with the information given off from the events or updates and associate yourself with it but only recognize that is the university logo.

I find the app convenient because I am able to find my way through faculty buildings and streets located all around campus. I can locate the closest place to eat or to study. In addition, it is effective because all students are kept up to date with campus events and other UBC related news. UBC iPhone App generally is a benefit to both consumers (applies to anyone who downloads the app) and to UBC, with the App you have UBC in the palm of your hand!