Old Sock Drawer

a story to tell, a novel you keep in a drawer

Old Sock Drawer header image 2

#031/032: Of procrastination, finals, and snowfall

December 12th, 2008 by Mary Leong

Currently listening to: “Love Story” – Taylor Swift

I HAVE NOTICED A GRIEVOUS ERROR IN THE NUMBERING OF MY POSTS.
THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE ENTRY NUMBER THIRTY-TWO (32).

Mary’s back in the blogosphere! What have I been doing for the past nine days or so? Well, the answer is quite simple- in a word (or two), epic procrastination of the best sort. I’ve read countless random books (including Barack Obama’s The Audacity of Hope and Lauren Willig’s Napoleonic War romance-intrigue-historicalwhatsits series), grocery-shopped, looped the Hair Original Broadway Cast Recording more times than I can recall, and followed the coalition government news with great passion, but aside from all that….
not that much has been achieved vis-a-vis finals.

It could be worse, of course: out of nine chapters of Psych, I’ve read and annotated seven-and-a-half chapters; one-and-a-half more to go. And of course, I ought to commence some much-needed French prep. That might be nice.

So I took three minutes out of this blogging and went to the UBC LEAP website, looking for past French 122 exams. What, this is nothing at all like what we’re doing? I’m so utterly confused. It is from 2003, which might mean that stuff’s changing. I shall…get around to studying, then worry about it. Oh, typical Mary.

Regarding snow-
I am very, very put out that it is not snowing where I am.

That is all.

Tags:   · · · · 1 Comment

1 response so far ↓

• 1 Kathleen Dec 12, 2008 at 3:50 pm

EPIC PROCRASTINATION!
    It’s a mandatory skill for students I swear.
    (Listening to bare: a pop opera on loop is also quite good for that, though it lasts a little longer, so I can count the number of times.)

And it’s not snowing here either – but there is a little bit on the ground.