Home

Page

Hello, I’m Michaela. I am a student at the University of British Columbia striving to achieve great things.

Welcome to my official Webfolio.

As the Internal Director for The Calendar, experiencing university to its fullest potential and creating that opportunity for others is what continuously makes me tick. As a volunteer Student Consultant for the UBC Sexual Violence Prevention and Response Office (SVPRO), working for change is an everyday practice where I try to eradicate the potential for harm within nightlife spaces. I have even been recognized regionally and nationally for my past executive board work within campus residence communities.

But I am so much more than that.

Challenges have never been new to me. But, after contemplating dropping out of UBC in my third-year while facing adversity, I paused. I reset. I took steps toward creating new perspectives. I approached challenges in a different way.

I am empathetic. I consistently look for ways to improve the enjoyment and benefits of others in all my endeavours. I am passionate about helping others grow and believe in the value of teamwork and healthy organizational cultures.

As I pursue a future in the Human Resources sector, I hope this Webfolio can demonstrate these claims and prove that one can be an empathetic professional.

Within this Webfolio, you will find an overview of my professional experiences, such as my resume and professional networking profile.

You can also find a collection of some of my highlighted works from Technical Writing (English 301), a course that teaches valuable writing skills for university students seeking professional futures. Documents include my application package for a graduate program I intend to pursue, my course reflections, and some of my best course deliverables.

For directory assistance, use the Blog tab or the search bar on the left menu.

If you have any questions or would like to learn more, please contact me.

Thank you and enjoy!