Application Package

Page

This course spent a significant amount of time focussing on developing professional language and writing skills. Everything was put to the test with the Application Package assignment. For this assignment, we were to find a job or school application advertisement or set of instructions and draft all of the necessary application requirements — a cover letter, resume, and letters asking for references.

For this assignment, I chose to create an application package for Mohawk College’s Human Resources Management graduate diploma program. This is a program I am currently contemplating on applying to once my UBC degree is completed. This was a perfect opportunity to take a run at the application and get feedback before submitting the real thing.

Click the links below to download and read my full Application Package to Mohawk College’s Human Resources Management graduate diploma program.

The Application Package:

Program Application Instructions — The listed instructions and requirements to apply for the program. MLA citation included in this document.
Application Instructions
Cover Letter — A letter to the head of admissions meeting the requirements of the application instructions, outlining my passions, experience, and reasons for applying.
Cover Letter
Resume — My resume formatted and modified for the purpose of this application and meeting the requirements of this course.
Resume
Letters Requesting References — Three letters composed asking for permission to list the letter recipients as references for this application if they are needed in the future.
Reference Request Letters