Bio

Hi everyone, I’m a 4th year Kinesiology student here at UBC. I originally began in the faculty of Science with plans to study Computer Science but decided early on to transfer to Kinesiology. It wasn’t an out of the blue decision as Kinesiology was a field I had been equally interested in. The driving factor was the expected work environment with each degree. Kinesiology being of course more active and social whilst computer science being more sedentary. Within Kinesiology, I am interested in physical rehabilitation and overall healthy human movement. I also much more enjoy studying gross anatomy such as bones, muscles and ligaments rather than things at the cellular level. With that all said, it is probably no surprise that I hope to complete a Masters in Physical Therapy here at UBC after finishing my undergrad.

Regarding professional interests, I’ve went back and forth on quite a few careers since high school and now university. However, Physiotherapy is the only one that’s consistently held my interest. I haven’t decided on what specialty or niche I would like to work in but I am exploring as many different settings and demographics as possible to make an informed decision. Up until now, I’ve volunteered and worked in outpatient clinics, a hospital and recreation centers. However, regardless of subfield, I know for sure I would like to start a clinic from scratch by myself or with a friend/partner.