#22: Seventh Week

1. What classes did you teach this week and what was the topic?

I taught Tech Ed 8 (Work periods finishing the launcher), Junior Auto (Safety and Procedure Video project), Junior Wood (jewellery box) and co-taught Senior Wood (individual self-directed projects).

2. What is going well? What is one thing about this week that caused you to feel good?

This week I implemented my very own unique project in junior auto. I planned, implemented and finished my own unit, and it was a good success! The students loved the project on safety and procedures, and they liked that it was a unique approach to learning more about safety.

3. Did you experience any critical incidents this week? Describe at least one.

There were no critical incidents this week, other than having parent teacher interviews on Thursday. It was a fun and interesting experience, and I had a blast talking to the parents. Each parent was very understanding, supportive, and had an interest in the students’ learning and education. They were all receptive to my comments about the students, and I even convinced some of the students to take tech studies further by enrolling in more tech classes for next year!

4. Where do you think you could use help? In what ways can we (school advisor and faculty advisor) help you?

My SA is continuing to help me by doing demos and going over things that I do not fully understand. My FA is also continuing to support me by giving me good suggestions on classroom management and planning.

5. Identify feelings that you experienced this week and what caused them e.g., what are your thoughts and feelings about your students and colleagues this week?

All in all, I felt that this was a great way to end my 7 th week and go into spring break. I’m much more comfortable with the students, have great rapport, and having a lot of fun being in the classroom and being able to do what I love.

6. What question(s) are you pursuing this week? And have you found the answer and what is it? (For example: How does the international student system work in the school? What supports are in place for students who do not speak English?)

The main question I will be pursuing is “How do I keep up my exponential growth?”.