301 Meagan Rosenberg Application Letter

455 Albert Street

Stratford, ON N5A 3L3

September 8th, 2019

Peers of ENGL 301

Fellow Classmates

University of British Columbia

Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z4

Dear Peers of ENGL 301:

I am applying to be accepted into a professional writing team for the duration of our semester together of ENGL 301 Technical Writing. With starting my first semester as a student of the Dental Sciences undergrad program through distance learning. I am looking to be part of a well-rounded writing team for the assignments to come.

My professional interests include furthering my education for career advancement, within the field of Dental Hygiene. Being a better advocate for the public’s health in the realm of dental care, is also an important aspect when considering my continuing education. With practicing in Dental Hygiene for just over four years, I have gained most of my experience in a general practice setting.

I have volunteered with Health Missions Outreach of Ontario and Community Living to provide access to care, for those who have barriers. The academic achievements I have gained thus far is being on the honour roll of my Dental Hygiene diploma program and was the recipient of the Sunstar Preventative Award for my academics and clinical skills for my graduating class.

The strengths that I would contribute to a writing team are; effective time management, critical thinking and peer reviewing, editing. I believe that my weaknesses are; including too many supporting details, when not often necessary in my writings and being too detail-oriented.

My learning philosophy is to be motivated by wanting to know more, and to apply this knowledge of new learning to my everyday life both professionally and personally.

If you believe I would be a good fit for your writing team during our semester together in ENGL 301, please do not hesitate to contact me through email at m.rosenberg@alumni.ubc.ca .

Sincerely,

Meagan Rosenberg

301 Meagan Rosenberg Application Letter