Wise Wednesday’s: Believe In Yourself

Today’s Wise Wednesday’s post is slightly different from other posts that I have done. In my search, I came across a video on Youtube that is titled, “Believe in Yourself” that I want to discuss because of its wise words. The first half of the video really spoke to me due to several reasons:

1. It emphasizes the importance of having self-confidence and believing in yourself, because once you believe in yourself, you can achieve great things.
  2. Building self-confidence and grit will carry you forward throughout your entire life. It will drive you to reach for your goals and it will change how you carry yourself as a person.
  3. Everyone goes through phases of having doubts, but the video argues that successful people do not live in those thoughts of doubt. Push through that sense of doubt and trust in yourself that you can handle the difficult situation.

This was such an inspirational video to watch, which was much needed even for myself. I can definitely see myself using this as a resource to teach about self-confidence within older grades especially.

Reference:

Ben Lionel Scott. (Sept. 7, 2014). Believe in yourself. [Video file]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjZ0KbJcav0.