Copy of lit circle email

Phaidra Ruck <pruck@newhorizons.ab.ca>

28 Jan

to Grade, Grade
Have a look at the lit circle checklist and weights at the bottom and let me know what you think for this project. It will be weighted quite heavily in general for the LA component this term. I will put this up on the website afterwards with the relevant docs.

Required

9s only – keep a list of everyone’s critical questions & contributions (discussion director and other members Qs)

Reading logs (discussion Qs)

For this please keep a record of your annotated remarks on the discussion qs in class and in the package, or extended personal reflections (paragraphs). You may choose to do this as a group but I will be looking for individual comprehension. You may choose to annotate the original critical questions your group came up with, and rate parts of the package for usefulness / recommended to discard.
Final Review / Reflection (in reading log)
Write a short informal opinion on what you thought about the book in general, dis/liked, who would you recommended it to, can give a rating if you like

Final Essay / Responses (anthology)

Essay draft must be submitted for peer review before your final. I recommend submitting it to me for formative feedback (comments & suggestions) as well. Include the peer review with your final.
When you hand in your essay, hand in your reading log at the same time for review.
Marked on LA rubric
I am thinking for weights
7s
Review – 10%
Log Qs – 40%
Essay  – 40%
Participation in discussion (peer-review) 10%
7s only – you will be reading 2 other texts after this, upto 4 if you read both Charlotte and Lyddie, so the weights will be spread out a little more in the grades in general – specific info as soon as I know
9s
Review – 10%
Role contributions & discussion – 20%
Log – 20%
Essay – 50%