Super-cali-frickin-cold-isitic-expi-ali-do-cious.

I totally had a Mary Poppins moment today as I was walking down the really really sketchy Exorcism of Emily Rose stairs. So, I’m walking with my little slimming black umbrella. Skipping down the stairs. As you’ve guessed – it’s raining. And all of a sudden a huge gust of wind comes and my umbrella starts levitating as if Aeolus himself is pulling me up to the heavens. At that moment I honestly wanted to jump and see if I could fly. But the muggle/mortal side to me knew that I was going to terribly fall on the concrete steps and that would not look pretty…

I pretty much wrote this entire blog on my way home from my 8:00 a.m. Friday discussion. Ned, what were you thinking when you picked out your course schedule? Didn’t anyone tell you that Thursday is the new Friday? Obviously not.

Yeah, the past two months have been a lovely little Indian summer. Yesterday what was the temperature? Oh you know 16 degrees Celsuis. No big D.

Today’s weather forecast? Rain, rain and rain. I had to put on my huge 2 inch think wool sweater this morning. Somewhere karma is laughing at me because I was on the phone with my mama on Wednesday telling her how it’s still goregous over here, watching the leaves change colour with clear blue skies.
That’s the tragic flaw with Vancouver. It lures you in like a movie trailer with really big action sequences, cars blowing up everywhere, Denzel Washington probably looking cool walking away from an explosion and not looking back. Helicopters and bullets flying across the screen. And then when you go see the movie you could’ve paid $7.95 to watch the trailer all over again. Whereas Vancouver is all mountains, ocean, sunshine, lollipops, rainbows everything that’s wonderful and then –

the rain hits.

Don’t get me wrong. Amazing West Coast summer trumps all the rain that I am about to put up with, so I’m not regretting my decision at all. And I’m not (at least I’m telling myself right now) that I’m not going to ever be bitter about the rain because I am so fortunate to be here. All you Vancouverites reading this, don’t take for granted what you have. It’s awesome.

But, this is the time when we all have to say “And so it begins”. At least we don’t live in the Artic Circle and have to say goodbye to the sun. Goodness knows how that would go over.