Auf Weidersehen, audieu

to yu, and yu and you. (not a typo, that’s just how it sounds to me when Frederick says it)

Dum deedle um dee dum dum dumm.

Flying home today. As the second girl leaving on our floor, I must admit it was quite sad as I went door-to-door saying my good byes last night. Although it’s only 3 weeks, I’ll miss the girls on my floor. For me I’ve become quite attached to the idea of constantly being around people. In fact, I really do go looking for people. To bug, to rant, to procrastinate studying with, to tell a stupid story to. I ought to feel a little sorry for the girls on my floor who stay on weekends. It’s surprising how many go home, but for those of us who stay – well, let me just say they are probably sick of me knocking on their doors all the time. You’d think I could take a hint that their doors are closed.

In the Commons there’s a PostSecret board and I read one that said something along the lines of “I travel so other people miss me”. I can’t take credit for posting that, but it kind of sparked a little thought in my head. I think there’s a part in all of us who find the idea of being missed kind of nice. Right now, by going home what some think is “ridiculously early” I kind of feel like I’m missing out. It’s strange the effect some people just have on others and I can say I’ve been touched by the girls on my floor. Who’s going to creep IMDB with me or write me post-it notes? Who am I going to call when I want to go to the caf, or skype down the hall? Who will I have to wake up to or ask me if their hair looks messy when they haven’t showered in 2 days?

It’ll be a nice break. But at the same time home cooked meals here I come!

I wish everybody best of luck if you have one exam, two exams, three or four.

See you on the other side of the country!