Feels like -11° to me.

Which is my way of saying it feels like home.

So far the best part of being home is the food. That should be no surprise. It’s basically the one thing all dorm residents are looking forward to. Cranberry shortbread cookies, brie cheese and salami. Yup, cold cut cured meat is what’s been filling my tummy. I’ve already been spoiled with some comfort food like callaloo. It tastes “soy good”, as my Totem neighbour would say. She’s obsessed with that milk. Not to mention my other friend from Vancity who’s been consuming chocolate milk as if her life depended on it, or at least as if it will improve her chances of meeting Mr. Darcy. Maybe someday.

Also note-worthy, I’ve returned to milk in bags. Not cartons. Oh the culture shock of life in Ontarioland!

I thought things would have felt really different once I returned here, as though they’ve changed more. But so far I’ve been pretty happy to loaf around, set up some holiday decorations, drive around town, and watch my favourite Christmas movies. My initial reaction at 1:30 a.m. was just excitement. I had to ask my parents if they changed the floors because I’ve been so used to see shaggy carpet and concrete tiling everywhere I forgot what hardwood looked like. Second thought: I am a giant. Since everything in rez is at least 4 feet high, id est my bed, my normal bed, desk, dresser, looks extremely short. It’s great, really. Et finalement, une toilette qu’on n’a pas besoin de s’accroupir. Haha! Yes, I went there.

I’m sure once the sibs return home I’ll have some crazy holiday antics to share with you all.

Cheers!