Introduction of myself

RHello, everyone!

My name is NiEr Zhang, and I’m a BA second year student. I’m so excited to have my first blog of my university life. I hope this is not only an area to record my literature learning results, but also an important space to witness my personal improvement.

I personally think that it is difficult for me to study foreign literature as a native Chinese speaker. But I know that no matter what type of literature it is, its appeal can be passed on to readers through reading. That’s the beauty of literature. I especially appreciated the structure of this class, which made me want to challenge myself to be able to do things I hadn’t tried before. Not arrogantly believing in yourself, but rhythmically and regularly defeating the goals one by one.As the instructor stated, we will be devising strategies to read the tax and broaden our horizons.

Being able to read and understand the book is not an ultimate goal; learning to organise the connections through reading is also a skill that I can develop in this class.

Actually, I don’t really understand the meaning of “self-conscious literary.” After I did a little bit of research about it, Marjorie Worthington said, “Self-consciousness, self-reflexivity and metafiction are terms often used to describe a particular characteristic common to postmodern fiction.” I may need a deeper understanding of this term in the next reading.

I think my personal shortcoming is that I don’t know how to express myself in personal language and words, which is related to my previous study habits and reading ability.

Through the introduction in the video, I think the rich reading content this semester will be of great help to me. They cover a lot of topics that can arouse my thinking, such as gender and geography. For example, when I first heard the “New” World and the “Old” World in the video, what I had in mind was breaking feudal thinking and establishing new currents of thought. This may be a solidified thought. I need to break myself out with more reading.

What is the Romance World?

Since the word “romantic world” exists, doesn’t it mean that the romantic world does not exist? I personally think this is a relative topic. Romance can be defined as a specific thing or person to a specific person, a specific place, or a specific age.In layman’s terms, some things I think are good, but not necessarily good for others.

For me in this period, I need literature to fill my increasingly blank brain and spirit. Because these words will gradually penetrate into my work and my cognition of the world in the days to come.

Good morning, and in case I don’t see you, good afternoon, good evening, and good night! The Truman Show