last night: the clouds drifted away for falling stars

last night: was the night for watching the annual perseid meteor shower
(don’t worry if you missed it, you may still be able to catch some shooting stars tonight around 2 am)

The thing about watching meteor showers is that when your eyes scan the sky so fast, you think you’ve seen a trail of light.  You end up wonder to yourself if you actually finally saw a shooting star.  But when the moment comes and you see one for real, you know it.  Without a doubt, you know that it was there and that you were there for it.

I wish I could be as decisive as that feeling.

Want to hear about my first “failure” at UBC (though school hasn’t even started?)

FROSH is the 2 night 2 day long orientation for new commerce students.   I wanted to go, but my parents were hard to convince. Their reasoning led me to waver.  Sign up starts, I leave the country to travel with friends, one month later, I decide I really do want to go to FROSH, finally convince parents, return home, sign up is full.

There is no real way of knowing what could’ve been, but if I weren’t so wishy washy about what I wanted, I probably wouldn’t be so regretful right now.

Decisiveness. Seems to be a big key these days.

Decisions… decisions… such as: should I be thinking about getting prepared for school right now?

My choice: No, I’ll pass and enjoy my last summer before being considered an adult.

And yours?

1 thought on “last night: the clouds drifted away for falling stars

1. It’s over a week later now, but I’ve started thinking about school 🙂

Don’t worry about Frosh. You’ll still meet great people at UBC