Feeling Thankful.

There’s some nasty virus going around that is leading to fevers, chills and headaches.  Strangely there are no runny noses or coughs.  I dealt with mine with a lot of rest, water, vitamin C pills and this weird Chinese point massage stuff my parents did for me.

If you’re going through it: I realize you might feel like you’re dying… but it will be over.  Eventually.

Being sick had one upside though.  I gained a new and sincere appreciation for my parents and for living at home.  Someday, I will grow up, be moved out and then one day I will be sick in bed with only enough energy to text one good friend about my miseries.  That day will be a grim one.

Actually, who am I kidding, I’d give up the loving attention for an extended curfew any day! Really though, I am thankful.  Thank you mom and dad.  I hope everyone has someone there, be it their roommate or sibling to care when they’re sick in bed.

I don’t know how I would deal with being sick and living on campus.  Good luck to those that are going through that! I can’t cook, but if you really want it, I offer to bring you a cup of hot water.