Groupon Now!

So you’ve heard of team buying right? aka “Groupon” and related sites

In case you haven’t, basically it is a “deal” that you buy online through a team buying site such as www.groupon.com where every day a different local business offers min 50% off from the regular price on a deal of some sort.  That’s right broke college kids like me, 50%. Minimum.  The only catch, you need a credit card to purchase.  Seriously, that is the only catch.  Unless someone has a bad experience they would like to share.

I’m beginning to feel like a commercial but honestly, it’s so cool I just have to share.

At work today I caught word of a new Groupon type thing launching tomorrow called Groupon Now!  Basically, you state your location (or let your phone find out where you are for you through an app)  and it will pull up deals that are running in your area sorted by category.  Unlike normal Groupons, there are multiple deals running on the same day.  Not only that, they may be time sensitive to the time of day the deals are active.

So you don’t really get too much flexibility for choosing when you get to use your deal, but it sounds pretty fun to explore the random stuff the city has to offer when it is all conveniently in a map-like application.

www.groupon.com/now

I swear this is not a commercial, it just looks so fun!

Here are some more team buying sites in case you were interested =) Please share if you know some good ones!

www.socialshopper.com
www.swarmjam.com
www.wagjag.com
www.livingsocial.com

Side note: you know what else is tomorrow?  A day that will go down in history.  Go Canucks go.

2 thoughts on “Groupon Now!

1. An aggregate site I use is onespout.com which pulls together all the most recent social shopping sites and their respective deals. I find it a lot easier to use than signing up for each of the dozen or so sites’ newsletters. 🙂

2. There are many deal aggregators out there that covers deals from Canada. One of my favorites is dealhijack.com where ti collects deals from popular deal sites and shows them on one page.