Let The Ocean Of Thoughts Flow! -UBC'19

‘Flipkart’s Sail In The Ocean Of E-commerce’ -Response to Chirag Kapoor’s Blog

flipkartAfter reading my classmate Chirag Kapoor’s blog ‘Flipkart: The Indian Commerce Giant‘  on Flipkart, I wanted to appreciate his thoughts. I completely agree with his thoughts about Flipkart’s growing business as I myself have ordered from the website quite often, and I was very satisfied by the service that I was provided. Flipkart’s business has taken a great leap towards success. From being a small online book selling website, it has now transformed into a giant online supermarket selling almost everything that a person can need.

According to ‘Business Standard’ it is proven that Flipkart is the leading market shareholder, owning 44% of the total market share followed by ‘Snapdeal’ with a 32% market share.1426882781-7017

The growth of Flipkart has been tremendous, ut according to me, the greatest challenge for Flipkart would be to maintain this growth rate. According to an article by an Indian News Channel (NDTV), there would be a rise of ecommerce market in India by 63% from the year 2015 to 2016.  This figure gives an indication of how enormous the competition between the online selling websites would rise.

Also, another threat to Flipkart could be by Amazon, a multi-national company which is entering the Indian ecommerce market. A major investor of Flipkart, Tiger Global Management now has a great stake in Amazon which would create problems for the businesses. Flipkart would have to deal with these problems following a strategic approach by maintaining a healthy competition.

NDTV

Times Of India

image source: Business Standard

www.americanbazaaronline.com

« »