Colgate’s NOT Cleverage Advertising!

I do not agree that Colgate advertisement is clever nor delivering straight message to consumers. Personally, it is very confusing and do not understand relativeness of Colgate and marriage couples in advertisement. I spend fair amount of time looking at the advertisement and discovered unusual part in each pictures such as too many fingers, phantom arm, and one ear. However, after I noticed, it seems hideous and importantly, I still cannot find the connection between the unusual fact in pictures and the message that Colgate wants to delivered to customers.

According to Jenny’s blog, this campaign had purpose that food remaining on teeth draws more attention than any physical defect and wishing customers to recognize the importance of having flossing. However, I would never guess or realize how these photoshopped pictures can lead us to recognize the importance of flossing.

In my sense, advertisement should be easy to understand and reachable to customers without feeling of gruesome. Seeing seven fingers does not connects me with Colgate’s floss even though explanation is provided. Jenny mentioned that Colgate’s advertisement is unique and delivers right message to right people which I strongly disagree with. Since, my only opinion is biased, I tested my friends if they can think what products would be related to this advertisement, few answers came up such as Camara, photoshop programs, and divorce preventing program. Customers have different perspective and approach, marketer should carefully examine their advertisement by getting feedback from public or even anyone who are not related to Colgate. Therefore, I believe this advertisement is not a good example of creativeness and unique due to fail in delivering right message to number of us.