Wait… it’s already been a year!?

WOAH. Apparently I haven’t blogged for a while… Sorry everyone! I’ve been much busier than I initially anticipated, even though I’m technically taking 3 less credits this term. I guess Science One has ramped up without me noticing. But midterm season is mostly over (I still have one next Tuesday!), so things are calming down a little bit. That’s good. Kind of. Not really. Nope. Well kind of. Science One has a big research project due soon, but I found the entire process great for us aspiring scientists, and it was pretty inspirational, to be honest.

But anyways… enough about me!

I thought I would take the time to congratulate everyone that’s been accepted to UBC for next year! I still remember last year when I was accepted. Honestly, it was one of the best feelings. But looking back a year ago, it seems like it was yesterday. This year has gone by so quickly, it’s crazy. But here’s some advice for those who were accepted to UBC (or those who are still waiting!):

1) Take your time deciding where to go to university, especially if you’ve applied to more than one place! It’s always nice to let the acceptance sink in and just marvel at what you’ve accomplished. Of course, I’m all for deciding to come to UBC, but you should take your time! 🙂 Consider all of the factors that might go into deciding what university you ultimately plan to attend (like distance from home, costs, logistics).

2) If you’re still waiting, don’t worry about it. Admissions is always working very hard to get your decision out to you as soon as possible, and they will definitely let you know as soon as they’ve decided. They do have to read a ton of personal statements as well, along with entering everything into their databases.

Well… looks like I just gave some pretty general advice, but they are things to think about.

Now, if you’ve already accepted your offer to attend UBC, you’ll have to think about living in residence (unless you already had to apply for that, haha). Living in rez is definitely an experience I would recommend to anyone that was thinking about it. You get to make some new friends pretty quickly and you’ll always have your own little space to come back to everyday. And you get to sleep in a little later too! It’s pretty great.

Anyways, enough of my rambling for now… I’m still in denial that clocks had to move ahead one hour, so my brain desperately thinks it’s 12:30 AM, but alas, it isn’t. And I’m not sure why I’m up. But alas. Oh well.

I shall return…. soon. Hopefully. Good luck on making decisions or on waiting (or both!).

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.