Track and Field

For the past month, several teacher candidates, including myself, have become involved in track and field. I worked specifically with grade 5 students in running events, long jump, and softball throw (a modification of shotput). This has been a great experience for me, as I wish to be involved in extracurricular activities throughout my teaching career. As a student, I was always involved in sports, and I would love that my teachers would take the time out of their days to help us pursue our passions and interests! Therefore, I hope to do the same for my students.

As a coach, I organized heats, recorded attendance, participation, and placements. It was an intense month, but today, it paid off! All of my wonderful grade 5 students made it to the District Track Meet. I was a judge at the finish line – therefore, I recorded students that came in first place. I was also responsible for handing out first place ribbons, which was such an honor! I felt so proud of all students, but especially mine (as I have built a strong connection with them). Regardless of their placement, I made time to congratulate their efforts. It was a fun day at the district track meet, and I have definitely become certain that  this is something I hope to do during my teaching career!

1. So great to see you are getting involved in your practicum school community. Track is a wonderful way to get to know many students and families from across the school. As a teacher in a school placement, even a temporary one, this can be very beneficial. It can build your ‘teacher presence’ or identity across the school and impact your ability to effectively engage with students who aren’t even in your own class! Handing out the ribbons is a lovely reward for your efforts (and your students efforts!).

2. AIM Plumbing & Heating offers 24/7 Emergency assistance for a variety of services including hot water tanks, furnace repair, sewer repair, drain services, and more. We are dedicated to providing you quality service and products plus experienced and courteous technicians – all at a fair price. We know your time is important so our plumbers are trained to diagnose your issues quickly and accurately. We get the job done right, the first time” website:
    Edmonton plumbing company

3. I’ve had the privilege of mentoring millionaires and offering strategic advice to FTSE 100 leaders. With over four decades of hands-on experience, I am eager to share invaluable insights on leadership and mentoring. Mentorship encompasses various facets that together form a cohesive framework for growth, learning, and inspiration. Let’s journey into these aspects, drawing from my wealth of experience.Click Here For Leadership Mentoring Guide