Skip navigation

The final marketing assignment in where we had to construct a video was a very interesting approach to marketing because I thought that it allowed the group to “market” themselves in a sense through a video. I say marketing themselves is interesting because we will be going through a peer review and it is advantageous to stand out from the norm.

Some things that went well when doing the project was that we were able to get a hold of proper equipment such as an audio recorder, a tripod, and a high definition camera. This made our project seem more professional when it came out as a final product. We were also able to find several locations where we thought would be very interesting places to shoot. We tried to stay away from Sauder class rooms because we felt that it would be too generic when viewed.

Some of the things that could have been improved on if I was able to go back in time would be to get a hold of an audio recorder earlier because the sound quality from a proper audio recorder is much better than straight from the camera, as we weren’t able to use the audio recorder in every single clip. It also removes all the background clutter that comes when you are using a regular camera to film. Another thing I would do differently would probably be make smoother transitions between clips with appropriate titles and captions, although we did do that, there were some aspects that we were certainly lacking.

Overall, I feel like we put the right amount of effort into completing this video and I’m interested to see how the results come out to be.