Seo In Gook “I Purposely Made NGs, To Rest Because Of Jung Eun Ji Who Needs A Lot Of Sleep”

Watch from 1:20-2:50

In this part of the video Seo In-Gook says, “Eun Ji is 6 years younger than me. In the drama, 4 seasons pass by. It’s extremely hot, but we wear coats and sweat. When we film the drama, Eun Ji is exhausted and can’t find her sanity. As an older person, I felt sorry. So I sometimes made NGs purposely. For her to rest a bit.” He gives an example of how he would drag time by tying his shoelaces or asking his stylist to fix his outfit or hair. He continues on, saying that he goes to the same beauty shop and when Eun-Ji gets her makeup done, he noticed that she is always falling asleep. This made him feel really bad, so he wanted to allow her to get some rest. I feel like this part of the video shows similarity between the real life Seo In-Gook and Eun-Ji and the fictional drama Yoon-Jae and Si-Won. In the clip, Eun-Ji looks surprised to hear that Seo In-Gook dragged time for her, similar to Si-Won who was dull to Yoon-Jae’s simple actions of affection. Furthermore, while listening to Seo In-Gook confess that he extended his NG time, Eun-Ji has that same unsuspecting and confused expression that is commonly seen throughout the drama (esp. when Yoon-Jae expresses his feelings to Si-Won at the noraebang).

1. NG is a film jargon that means “no good.” Essentially, it means blooper and when directors yell “NG” it means “cut” or “redo.”