Help Hear Haiti

Wow… I feel like my blog has become an advertisement page! But, it’s not my fault that there are so many cool events that people should know about. So, here I go again:

UBC Help Hear Haiti Showcase: A Fundraiser to Support Haiti Relief Efforts

Join us to support UBC’s Haitian relief effort!

Date: Friday, January 22nd – 2 to 4pm

Location: Freddy Wood Theatre, 6354 Crescent Blvd., UBC

Triple H, a coalition of student groups from across campus, together with staff and faculty from the University of British Columbia invite you to a discussion about the history, the current situation and the future of the country of Haiti and its people.

Speakers Include:

Allen Sens – Senior Instructor in the Department of Political Science and Chair of the International Relations Program

Jon Beasley-Murray – Assistant Professor in the Department of French, Hispanic, and Italian Studies and teacher of Latin American Studies.

Alejandra Bronfman – Associate Professor, Department of History

Representatives from Haiti Solidarity for BC

Senior Staff from Médecins Sans Frontières (Doctors Without Borders)

Brian Sullivan, Vice-President Students, will open the event.

Professor Stephen J. Toope will close the event and offer his remarks on the effort in Haiti.

Minimum Donation – $5 with 100% of all proceeds going to MSF (Doctors without Borders) and their efforts in Haiti.

About Valentina

I'm from a small and beautiful town next to a big and amazing lake in Guatemala.
This entry was posted in International, Involvement / Leadership, Sustainability. Bookmark the permalink.