Highly controversial points to follow!!
1. They are being held on First Nation Lands while only representing a small minority.
2. They are appropriating Native art and culture to appear to the world as a perfectly multicultural community while there are still high levels of racism, especially towards First Nations.
3. They have reduced funding from many social services to increase spending for the games.
4. They have broken the promise of housing.
5. They have changed the laws to highly discriminate homeless people.
6. They have changed the laws to reduce our civil liberties.
7. They are a market place for corporations without ethics like McDonalds and Coca Cola.
8. They have broken the promise of Green Games.
9. They act as if they hadn’t broken their promises.
10. They are militarizing Vancouver’s streets, using fear as a tactic of oppression.
11. They are detaining people in the borders if they have any anti-olympic history.
12. They have done their best to oppress any anti-olympic movement, denying people their basic right of freedom of speech.