Orientations for Orientations

18050_287893695519_287634530519_4945403_251753_nThis weekend me and some other 1000 students attended orientations for the first-year orientations in September.

That’s right prospective student, we’re looking forward to welcoming you to UBC!

This, and the fact that this week’s readings for my classes are all the last chapters of the books I bought in January, has finally made me realize that IT’S OVER!!

One full year of university. Crazy. Fun. Busy. Fun. I’m about to become a second year student. Wow.

It feels like it was just yesterday that I was coming to JumpStart, Gala and Imagine and now I’m getting ready to be a leader in them!

Sooo if you’re thinking about skipping orientations, don’t do it!

Also, if you’re an international student try your best to come to JumpStart because it is awesome! Seriously, most of the amazing people that I hang out with are from JumpStart, it’s the best place to meet people and make friends. :)

About Valentina

I'm from a small and beautiful town next to a big and amazing lake in Guatemala.

5 Responses to Orientations for Orientations

1. Eastwood says:

Are you with Imagine or GALA?

2. Valentina says:

Both! Are you doing one of them?

3. Eastwood says:

Yup, I’m with Imagine Arts

4. Rayna says:

Hi!
    I’m an international student and I was wondering if you could tell me more about the JumpStart program. I’m still decided as to join it or not..kinda confused.. :P
    Thanks :)

5. Daniel Mundeva says:

Rayna,

I dont want to sound like a salesman but, I am yet to find a program better than jumpstart for any new student. As the name suggests, it is a jump start to university life. Pretty much the entire university experience from academics, to social campus life (I can guarantee you lasting friends from this program), to knowing the city of Vancouver, to settling down (sorting out things like health insurance, bank accounts, phones etc.) All this is before the craziness of UBC (42+ students) kicks in.

Ok. I’ll just stop here…