First time skiing

Like Lillienne, this week I went skiing for the first time. My roommate and I decided it was crazy that we have been in Vancouver for one and a half years and hadn’t done this yet, so we went to Grouse Mountain on Thursday evening.

My thoughts? Terrifying.

There was a fun part (the bunny hill, the shapes of the snow and the tiny kids skiing) and a VERY SCARY part. The VERY SCARY part can be broken down into two categories: “our fault” and “not our fault”

our fault: for thinking it would be a good idea to do the big hill after a few fun tries in the bunny hill. Also, for thinking we could just do it without a teacher. Result = bodies that hurt all over.

not our fault: for being stuck in a lighting snow storm (who knew those existed?) that caused a mountain blackout while we were in the lift. Result = 45 minutes of freezing with absolutely no visibility and three lift-mates who were scary me to death with talks about jumping from the lift.

Even so… I have to admit that it was fun. Next time: Seymour !

About Valentina

I'm from a small and beautiful town next to a big and amazing lake in Guatemala.