I was going to send you a postcard

…. but even though Greece has some of the most breath-taking sceneries I have ever seen, they have no taste for postcards. Why would you ruin a perfect picture by photoshoping a smiling dolphin on it and writing ‘Grece’ in huge, italic, yellow letters right in the middle of it?

So I will write you a blog post instead.

I’ve fallen in love with the Greek beaches! They are BEAUTIFUL. The waters are of all shades of blue and the mountains and rocks around them make them look like drawings. I’ve seen sunrises and sunsets and each time I am more amazed at how filling it can be to just sit and watch the sun for two hours, no talking no nothing.

A few thoughts from Greece:

• It’s great to do things that I always thought I couldn’t do – like traveling alone.
  • It’s scary to walk into a super market and find it empty.
  • I’m already feeling the results of being vegetarian in an “everything-has-meat” diet. And I should learn more about basic nutrition facts to make sure that I survive Turkey.
  • Ouzo (a traditional Greek alcohol) is delicious but kills my body. Do not drink again. Ever. And this time I mean it.
  • There are actually some people who I wish I could strangle in their sleep.
  • “Free” is actually “Available”

As Istanbul approaches I’m getting edgy and impatient. I’m even looking forward to my classes. To be honest, I’ve already done some of the readings for one, Islamic Cites. Too much? I know.

Love,

Vale

About Valentina

I'm from a small and beautiful town next to a big and amazing lake in Guatemala.

3 Responses to I was going to send you a postcard

1. miriam says:

-GASP- wow.

And the postcard sounds hilarious.

2. olivia says:

jajajaj es para darles un zape a esos que diseñan las postales. es como, seriously?

3. Irene Platarrued says:

Esto está escrito tan bien por tantas razones que sólo siento orgullo de que seas mi amiga…

Te quiero vale!