Marketing Blog Assignment 1

Hey everyone! My name is Robin Huynh. I am a second-year Commerce student and like many others, I am unsure of my major as of yet. I’m leaning towards marketing but I’ve also got real estate in mind. I am taking this course because it is required. However, I do have an interest in marketing (or what I know of what marketing is). As for my experience with marketing, the first one that comes to mind is with a company that a couple of my friends and I had started back in April. I am the co-founder of an online raw denim retailer called ABC Denim. Since it’s inception, we’ve had to market our products, our blog, our store and ourselves to all of our followers, friends and family as well as partners overseas. This past summer we had gone out to Las Vegas to attend numerous textile and clothing tradeshows to help get our name out there. It was a great learning experience, we met many, many people and discovered a lot about the industry. We intend to go again this summer. My favourite ad is a toss up between the Old Spice commercials or the Nike: Write the Future commercial

YouTube Preview Image YouTube Preview Image

Something personal about me? I cannot swim, snap my fingers or whistle properly.