A8_Wenting Yang

Study of Noise in Lougheed Highway.

Stand on the one of Burnaby Skytrain station located on the Lougheed highway. The traffic is complex, such as cars, trucks and Skytrain. However, in the morning, there are not many passengers and traffic around the Skytrain. The noticeable noise is from leaf blowers. The continuing noise made people want to leave the area as soon as possible. The traffic noise mostly is from the friction of tire and road. Some trucks may have noise from airhorns when drivers make a turn to notice other drivers. However, when drivers start the trucks, the exhaust stack on the front will have whistle noise. There is skateboarder passed me; the uneven concrete ground makes some cracking noise.

Study of Paper Windmill

https://youtu.be/ntLJo-lh81A

I made a windmill by sketch paper. It did not move if I just placed it on the floor. It is because the sketch paper is too heavy for the breeze.
The video shows the wind direction. The windmill did not change the speed from the North and South direction, but the West and East direction has a big difference. The movement of windmill shows the wind is from West direction.

In Class Practice Process