My Professional Identity:

Most people realize at a young age that they want to be a teacher but that was not the case for me. In fact I was not really sure until last year that this would be the career path for me. Although I did not want to go into education, I was set on becoming a social worker who worked with foster kids. Consequently, I was passionate about working with children. I am so grateful that I have made this decision even though two years ago, I would not have even considered it as an option. I love children and what better way to show that love than to educate them, support them, and help them grow to their fullest potential. There is no better joy or satisfaction than that. I am overjoyed that I was taken into this path, and feel truly blessed and fortunate. Although being an educator places a heavy weight on my shoulder, with the pressure of changing children’s lives and the responsibility of taking good care of them, I will take on the challenge whole-heartedly. I believe the biggest factor that motivates my teaching beliefs is my personality. I strongly believe in being kind, caring, and patient which resonates with my character and my values as a professional. I also love to have fun, be outdoors and live actively which will definitely be witnessed through my teaching and my professional identity. I think its very important that educators stay true to themselves and not feel the need to have two separate identities. There are however many ethical standards as professionals that I must consider, and be aware of in order to successfully continue my journey.