Our LAST GAME!

School spirit was running high today. It was our last game, which was also a home game. The girls were so excited. They were ready to play.

This whole season I have taught my team the importance of sportsmanship and to channel their energy into their skills and the game instead of becoming physically aggressive. However, looking at the teams energy I was concerned they would not be able to do so. I just had to wait and see what happened as I could not really do much before.

Before every team both coaches greet one another and address any concerns we may have. I was quite surprised to learn that another school/coach was saying my team was aggressive. From what I recall, every game I made sure my team was playing a game not a wrestling match. We were even complimented for the way we played so to hear this comment I did not know how to take it.

We lost our game, however, my team was happy. They played such a strong game. The opponents were great as well. Both teams were making basket after basket. It was an intense game. The parents were happy to see the skill improvement in the team. They were impressed with the game as well so as a coach I was very content.

Part of me wishes I could do more for the team, unfortunately, time was a constraint.

Looking at the teams drive to play, myself and another teacher were thinking of a boys vs. girl games for the grade 7 teams. Let’s see how this plays out!

Read 1 comment