Biography

Hi, my name is Sydney Storie and I am a 4th-year university student completing a B.A. with a major in Psychology at UBC Okanagan. My primary focus is on forensic psychology and drug use and abuse. This interest came after studying at Thompson Rivers University where I graduated from the Animal Welfare Certificate program and the TRU Women in Trades Training.

Since I was a young girl my passion for animals has been forever growing. Living on a farm, I have raised and bred Saint Bernard puppies, I learned how to care, feed, exercise, and groom many animals from cattle, dogs, llamas, horses, pigs, cats and so on. When I was 8 years old, I cared for 2 sick dairy cows, in the process of caring for these cows, I became infected with cryptosporidium sending me to the hospital. Despite being seriously ill and life-threatening for a child, I recovered a few weeks later and continued my passionate care for animals. I remember one time I even brought a baby cow into the basement as it had pneumonia, I created a comfortable bed and slept alongside it. I have experienced life and death of many animals while living on a farm. These experiences have encouraged me to pursue a career in the field of veterinary medicine. I have been unconditionally accepted into the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine program at the University of Queensland in Australia as well as I was accepted into the Animal Health Technology program at Olds College. After completion of my Bachelor’s Degree, I plan to fulfill my life long passion for veterinary medicine.

Other passions of mine include sports and traveling. To date, I have traveled to 26 countries. I have participated in a Rotary Youth Exchange to Brasil when I was 15 years old. More recently, I spent the year of 2019 studying at the University of New South Wales where I participated in a Go Global University Exchange. While studying at the University of New South Wales, I was honored to represent the UNSW Volleyball team at Nationals. I am now studying a full-time course load remotely while living in the Kootenays. I am working two part-time jobs; one at a golf course in Kelowna, and the other at a pharmacy in Midway. Each day I am continuing to actively seek out my next adventure.