My own opinion about Senate Scandal in Canada.

Tracy Zhang

52663135

Recent years, some senate scandals happened in Canada threatens the reputation of the whole senate. There is a staff named Duffy, and he wants to pay back the public purse $90,000, which makes the whole senate get into being suspected. However, as far as I am concerned, senate has existed for a long time and its status cannot be damage so easily. Although the operation of senate appears something wrong, senate still has ability to improve itself. Laura Payton mentioned Jim Armour, a former director of communications to prime minister of Conservative Party, in his articles, and Armour considers that the delegates “know the potential political damage of what’s been going on in the Senate. They’re fully aware of it, but they’re going to fight through.” Therefore, senate’s status in Canada will not only be impaired, but it will also develop much better in future.

Reference:

Payton, L. (2013, November 03). Senate scandal doesn’t damage Conservative faith in Harper. Retrieved from http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/senate-scandal-doesn-t-damage-conservative-faith-in-harper-1.2350559

1 Response to My own opinion about Senate Scandal in Canada.

1. ranson says:

This is an interesting topic Tracy. I would enjoy hearing more about your opinion on this.