The GSCS (or Graduate Student Council of Sociology) is the grad student organization in the Department of Sociology at UBC. Our goal is to promote the interests of sociology graduate students both individually and collectively, and to foster a sense of community among sociology graduate students.
You can read our full constitution here: GSCS Constitution (revised April 2008).
The current executive was elected in September 2015 and is as follows:
- Co-Presidents: Valerie Berseth and Christina Treleaven
- VP Admin: Kate Jaffe
- VP External: Adam Howe
- VP Finance: Nicole Malette
- Springboards Chair(s): Nicole Malette
- Graduate Conference Chair(s): Valerie Berseth, Lily Ivanova
- Graduate Conference Committee: Mabel Ho, Adam Howe, Kate Jaffe, Nicole Malette, Tanvi Sirari
- Social Events Chair(s): Natasha Stecy-Hildebrandt
- Student Representatives: Nicole Malette, Nicole Luongo
- Mentorship Chair(s): Nicole Malette
- Web coordinator / Communications Chair: Adam Howe
- Graduate Student Society Representative: Adam Howe
- Graduate Student Wellbeing: Lily Ivanova
If you need to get in touch with any of the exec members, or simply have a question about the student council, email the GSCS at ubc.gscs~at~gmail.com.