Creative response

WAAP uses a grassroots approach by utilizing its space to provide a medium for emerging young artist to get their art into the Vancouver art scene. My painting using the colors green and brown to symbolized this grassroots approach, green and brown mean grass growing from the soil. The use of red and white in the symbolic soil area represents WAAP by using its primary logo colors. This strongly suggests that WAAP is fundamental to the development of young artists. The art piece is painted with a fluid texture to symbolize the variety and intertwining nature of the work involved at WAAP. Wil’s role at WAAP consists of being a curator, art collector, and gallerist. My experience working at WAAP also consists of different tasks, such as, gallery reception, social media, editing newsletter subscription email, serve wine for the opening, deinstallation and so on. This work has a vertical orientation which mimics the gesture of creating the fluid texture. I used resin on top to preserve the paints like how I will treasure and remember this wonderful experience working with Wil.