Marketing!?

Bullies in marketing?

March 30th, 2011 · No Comments

I came across Beverly’s Blog “Apple “Us Vs. Them” Approach” and thought her opinion on Apples strategy is very interesting. Her blog describes how Apple commercials has been playing on people’s needs to be included in “the cool crowd” and how Apple does exactly this by “leveraging the desire of belonging”.

She also does a really good job stating the fact that Apple fails to give actual product fact in their commercials, but instead, desperately tries to mock alternative (in this case, their main competition PC) users.

Much like Beverly, I dont agree with this kind of attack advertisement due to the fact that it is not attractive to me in any way. Currently, I am a PC user but would not be opposed to the idea of switching to an Apple laptop but with these commercials in place and in addition to what Apple’s CEO Steve Jobs has publicly said about its competitors, I am more and more convinced that Apple has nothing to offer its consumers and therefore has to result to aggressive, put-down commercials and actions like these.

Although Apple’s strategy might attract first time computer buyers, it certainly does not do a very good job of winning over the competitions current consumers as future clients.

Tags: Uncategorized

0 responses so far ↓

• There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.