The oscars almost melted my laptop

It’s true! While watching the Oscars, I had my laptop on my lap, setting up a demo.
Here’s what was going on:

• MySQL
  • Eclipse.
  • Chrome
  • had already closed Firefox as it was eating 1.2Gig
  • Oracle Virtual Box
  • Blackboard VM (in Virtual Box)

That’s all. While in Eclipse, the screen started to flash every 2 seconds, then it when blank and re-appeared inverted.   Yes, the application bar was upside down at the top, start button in the top right corner instead of bottom left, Start menu opening down, not up.

I managed to manouvre the mouse to click the Start button and find shutdown. This was a real exercise in spatial transformation, up is down and left is right.  A restart didn’t help, the menu was still at the top and upside down. Using the same spatial skills I had just learned I managed to right-click->Screen Resolution on the desk top. Who knew there’s an Orientation of ‘Landscape Flipped’ that had somehow been enabled.

All I can think of was that I had pushed the memory of my poor Lenovo past the breaking point and a bit flipped somewhere, (or it sensed that Gravity had won one too many Oscars and it was rebelling, ) or maybe we just all have memory problems.