Project reflection

As I look over the video one more time, I can finally conclude that the project is over. After a term of work, we have successfully analyzed the marketing strategy, brand positioning  and target market of MEC- Mountain equipment co-op.

First of all I am really proud of my group for sticking together and finishing the project. This was a project that required a lot of team work and a lot of collaboration and ideas. With team work there will always be leaders who step up and there will always be disagreements amongst team members. However, even though there were some tension created throughout the project, it was never too personal and was resolved through effective communication.

My role for the first part of the project was more of a team player. I completed parts that I was assigned and contributed according to what the group needed I was more active in the video portion of the project. Since I have experience editing videos, after discussing with our group, we came up with a concept and started to film. Although the process was redundant and sometimes tiring, I am really glad that we were able to produce a clip that was well made and interesting. We really hope that our fellow classmates will like it.

If we had to do the project one more time, things that I would improve on is that I would have had more of a voice in my group, opposed to being scared that my ideas will be looked down upon. I would also liked our team to meet up more often and be more alert in the video, but it is understandable because everyone has commitments and are busy.

Overall, I enjoyed the project, making a video instead of a in class presentation is a creative and fun way to present our ideas.