UBC IT has posted to their UBC IT Bulletins blog:
Sporadic routing instability with BCNET Vancouver upstream Internet Transit providers November 2, 2011 12:00
“Due Sporadic routing instability with one of the BCNET Vancouver upstream Internet Transit providers, some Vancouver sites are experiences difficulties in reaching some Internet sites. The cause of this issue is being investigated.” –UBC IT
Be prepared for turbulence as you travel the internet.
*UPDATE* This is related to the Internet Problem post*
Access to all Gale databases from on campus has been lost this morning. The problem seems to be somewhere between here and their servers.
Off-campus access via EZproxy & myVPN seems to be working fine. Stay tuned.
ARBA Online [American Reference Books Annual Online] is now available for perusing.
“ARBAonline is the most comprehensive, authoritative database for quality reviews of print and electronic reference works.”–ABC CLIO
- More than 23,000 reviews of reference works published since 1997
- Written by librarians for librarians
- More than 400 publishers in over 500 subject areas.
The Life Sciences Package is a collection of related ejournals. Here is a title list:
- Advances in Agronomy
- Advances in Applied Microbiology
- Advances in Botanical Research
- Advances in Cancer Research
- Advances in Clinical Chemistry
- Advances in Ecological Research
- Advances in Food and Nutrition Research
- Advances in Genetics
- Advances in Immunology
- Advances in Insect Physiology
- Advances in Marine Biology
- Advances in Microbial Physiology
- Advances in Parasitology
- Advances in Pharmacology
- Advances in Protein Chemistry & Structural Biology
- Advances in Virus Research
- Current Topics in Developmental Biology
- Current Topics in Membranes
- The Enzymes
- Fish Physiology
- International Review of Cell and Molecular Biology
- International Review of Neurobiology
- Methods in Cell Biology
- Methods in Microbiology
- New Comprehensive Biochemistry
- Progress in Brain Research
- Progress in Medicinal Chemistry
- Progress in Nucleic Acid Research and Molecular Biology
- Side Effects of Drugs Annual (SEDA)
- Vitamins & Hormones
To access these titles, go to the “Search Collection / Journals” Library webpage and search the titles in the “Search for Online Journals Only” search box on the right.
Links labeled “ScienceDirect Life Sciences Book Series” are for this new collection.
…okay, really the info is mostly old. But it may be “new” to you. Here’s some free online resources worth a look:
“Methods in Enzymology is a series of scientific publications focused primarily on research methods in biochemistry…The series is widely used and cited in the biomedical research field.” -Wikipedia
We have access back to the 2000 publications.
Due to technical complications, the ebooks in the Irwin Law Collection are a bit tricky to find at the moment. The records in the Catalogue have old links and will be replaced soon.
For now, use this URL and then either browse or search for titles. Titles found in Summon are unfortunately a mix of good and bad links right now.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
The UBC Library has access to the British Medical Journal back to 1840 (when it was the Provincial Medical & Surgical Journal ).
Posted in Ejournals
Just a heads up for folks working this weekend.
There will be work on the UBC Catalogue this weekend. Many ejournal records will be removed & later replaced. This may cause problems with people using the “Search for Print and Online Journals” left-hand search box, but will not affect the “Search for Online Journals Only” right-hand search box.
The Citation Linker will not be affected (for ejournals). Clear?
*UPDATE* Summon is fixed. Please clear your browser’s cache & cookies and report any further problems to E-Resources & Access.
Yikes! Summon is having intermittent problems this morning. It is being worked on. Stay tuned.