Welcome to the LFS Student Services Blog!
*LFS Students Services Holiday Hours*
We are open for regular operating hours on Tuesday, January 2nd, 2018.
Classes will resume on Wednesday, January 3rd, 2018.
Here you can find information on upcoming events and announcements relevant to LFS students.
- LFS Research Café: Tuesday, March 6
- LFSUS Career Fair: Feb 15, 2018 | 5-7pm
- LFS and World’s Challenge Challenge Finals! | Feb 8, 2018
Student Engagement Opportunities
- [Hiring] The Urban Farmers Volunteer Assistant
- Food Safe 2 Course Opportunity!
- Help Support the Sustainable Food Access Fund!
Volunteer & Internship Opportunities
Looking for a job? The LFS Student Job & Volunteer Board lists general (both paid and volunteer) vacancies on-campus and external vacancies related to the Land and Food Systems academic programs. Looking for other career resources? See our Careers Programs website!
Awards, Contests, Scholarships
Interested in applying for a scholarship/award? Please see UBC’s database of scholarships and awards here.
- Undergraduate Student Research Awards & Work Learn International Undergraduate Research Award
- Award for International Research Collaborations
- Soil Science Award: $500 Warkentin Prize | Deadline: March 2, 2018
- Informal Learning/Studying Spaces
- UBC International Genetically Modified Machine (iGEM) is Recruiting
- Irish Language Programme 2018-19 Call for applications
New Courses and Topics Courses
- [Info Session] Agroecology in Lyons, France | Feb 7
- HGHES Accepting Summer, Fall & Winter Student Applications
- NEW- APBI Field Course Summer 2018