Welcome to the LFS Student Services Blog!
Here you can find information on upcoming events and announcements relevant to LFS students.
- IdeasXChange: Impact of Purchasing Power event – Mar 1, 2017
- LFS Research Cafe: Sean Smukler – Mar 9, 2017
- Women in Science & Technology: Wonder Women Networking Evening – Mar 7, 2017
Student Engagement Opportunities
- Mission Impulseible Food Development Competition – deadline Mar 28, 2017
- Volunteer Call-Out for Multidisciplinary Undergraduate Research Conference (MURC) – deadline Feb 25, 2017
- Applications Open: For-Credit Internships at UBC Farm/CSFS – deadline Feb 19, 2017
Volunteer & Internship Opportunities
Looking for a job? The LFS Student Job & Volunteer Board lists general (both paid and volunteer) vacancies on-campus and external vacancies related to the Land and Food Systems academic programs. Looking for other career resources? See our Careers Programs website!
Awards, Contests, Scholarships
Interested in applying for a scholarship/award? Please see UBC’s database of scholarships and awards here.
- Sir James Dunn Animal Welfare Graduate Scholarship – deadline Feb 17, 2017
- 2017 AACT John Kitt Memorial Scholarship application deadline – April 4, 2017
- Connect to Community Grant – deadline Nov 25, 2016
- TA Positions for 2017 Summer Session – deadline Mar 3, 2017
- April 2017 Exam Schedule (without locations) is now available!
- 2016 T4’s for UBC Employees
New Courses and Topics Courses
- Fesia Consortium: Sustainable Food System & Agroecology Programs applications – deadline Feb 2, 2017
- APBI 496B Practicums at BC SPCA Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre open – deadlines vary
- Applications for APBI 496B Practicum in Applied Animal Biology open – deadline is Decmber 9th, 2016.