If you’re graduating this spring, congratulations! Graduation is a wonderful time to celebrate your accomplishments with your friends, families and LFS staff and faculty. You won’t want to miss out on any of the key events happening, so we have summarized it all for you here!
LFS Convocation Ceremony
When? Wednesday, May 22 @ 8:30am
Where? Chan Centre for Performing Arts
- This is where you get to wear the fancy cap and gown, walk across the stage, and hold your diploma for the first time!
- Bright and early, LFS is the first ceremony of the season! Details about the ceremony, gown rentals, guest ticket registration and more can be found here.
- Curious about what actually happens on the day? No worries – UBC Ceremonies has you covered. Check out “What to expect at your ceremony” for a breakdown of the day.
LFS Graduation Reception
When? Immediately following the ceremony (10:30am – 12:30pm)
Where? Lew Forum, Allard School of Law (steps away from the Chan Centre…convenient, no!?)
- Dean Rickey Yada invites all grads to bring their friends and families to celebrate with him at the post-ceremony reception. Take pictures with your favourite profs, introduce your families to the infamous shorts-wearing Dean, and mark your transition from student to alumni with refreshments and some keynote speakers.
- Formal remarks will begin at 10:45am, so come then to hear some words of inspiration, then spend some time at the reception before heading off to your individual plans.
- RSVP here by Monday, May 20
If you have any additional questions about graduation, please feel free to reach out to LFS Student Services (firstname.lastname@example.org // 604-822-2620) and we’ll do our best to help.
On behalf of everyone in LFS Student Services, congratulations to all our grads – we’re so proud of you, and wish you all the best in the next chapter!