Welcome to the LFS Student Services Blog!
Here you can find information on upcoming events and announcements relevant to LFS students.
- Are you planning to visit or study in the USA? Attend the USA Visa Info Session – November 1, 2017
- WCVM Presentation to UBC Pre-Vet Students: Monday, October 23, 2017
- LFS ACE Team event : Time Out! | Tuesday October 24th 4:30-6:30 PM
Student Engagement Opportunities
- Volunteers Needed for Wednesday Night Dinners
- Senior Orientation Leader Applications are now open: Apply yourself or nominate
- 2018 International Livestock Congress Student Fellowships: Apply by Nov 15th
Volunteer & Internship Opportunities
Looking for a job? The LFS Student Job & Volunteer Board lists general (both paid and volunteer) vacancies on-campus and external vacancies related to the Land and Food Systems academic programs. Looking for other career resources? See our Careers Programs website!
Awards, Contests, Scholarships
Interested in applying for a scholarship/award? Please see UBC’s database of scholarships and awards here.
- American Chemical Society Ag/Food Division Undergraduate Award Application: Deadline Oct 31, 2017
- Lallemand Forward Scholarship program – Deadline: August 4th, 2017
- BCFT Student Scholarships – deadline Jun 30, 2017
New Courses and Topics Courses
- Impact Evaluation Analytics: LFS International Field Studies – Indonesia
- International Studies on Sustainable Agriculture – Cuba
- New Course 2017W – FRST 432 Molecular Ecology