Canada Bread Sensory Technician
- Food & Nutrition, Food-Science/Business, MATH-Business Administration
- SCI- (unspecified)
Levels: Intermediate, Senior
Must possess a valid driver’s license and have regular access to a vehicle. Must be open to tasting products in all food categories.
The Sensory Technician is responsible for the organization and conducting of internal product & concept evaluations for all food categories under the direction and supervision of the Sensory Specialist.
The successful candidate must be able to work under directions provided by their assigned supervisor. They must also be able to work well with other departments, including Operations, Purchasing, and Marketing, and may even include sales representatives from supplier companies.
For internal product & concept testing the areas of involvement will include; setting up the sensory questionnaires, booking panels, recruiting of panellists, instructing panellists, arranging for samples, and conducting the panels at different locations throughout the GTA. It will also include the usage of statistical analysis and interpretation of sensory data using Compusense or other tools, and writing of reports/instructions. Therefore, the applicant must have strong computer knowledge and an understanding of statistical methods (t-test, ANOVA, etc) would be preferred.
- Exposure to sensory and innovation processes at one of Canada’s largest bakeries.
- First-hand interaction with cross-functional teams including marketing, operations, innovation and quality assurance.
- Exposure to a positive Canadian corporate environment, with a strong commitment to people development and teamwork.
- Active participation in an effective and vibrant product development process, from concept through to launch, culminating with the potential of viewing the results of your efforts in the market place.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- Attention to detail
- Strong statistical knowledge
- Strong computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, Minitab)
- No dietary restrictions
The individual must possess a valid driver’ license and have regular access to a vehicle as they will potentially need to work at various facilities located in the Metro Toronto area. Their primary location will be located in Mississauga.
For further information on Canada Bread Foods, visit www.canadabread.ca.
Canada Bread is a leading manufacturer and distributor of value-added and nutritious fresh bakery products, including breads, rolls, bagels, and artisan breads. The Company markets products under a number of leading brands, including Dempster’s, Olafson’s, McGavin’s, POM, Bon Matin, and Ben’s. Canada Bread employs more than 5,200 people in Canada. The Company was recently purchased and now operates as a subsidiary of Grupo Bimbo. Grupo Bimbo is headquartered in Mexico. Grupo Bimbo is the largest baking company in the world, with more than 125,000 Associates and 144 plants in 19 countries as of the end of 2013. With annual revenue of nearly U.S. $13.8 billion, it has more than 10,000 products in its portfolio and owns leading consumer brands including Bimbo, Sara Lee, Entenmann’s, Thomas’ and Takis, and now Dempster’s, Vachon, Stonemill, Tenderflake and New York Bakery.
If you are interested in applying, please contact Jenny Tian at email@example.com.