breakfast at Cafe NeverMatters in Naramata

May 1st, 2013
We popped in for breakfast at Cafe NeverMatters in Naramata last week.

Both the breakfast specials were unusual takes on the standard breakfast fare. The French toast was made from slices of Brioche (two days to make!), and the result was fluffy heaven.
French Toast filled with Banana Cream & Cheese and slathered in Mango Sauce
fluffy French Toast made of Brioche and filled with Banana & Cream Cheese, and slathered in Mango Sauce
Eggs Benny & Asparagus on a Potato Latke
Eggs Benny with Ham, Asparagus  and Cheddar Cheese on a Potato Latke

If I had any complaints it would the size of the portions. If I had known they were going to be so huge we would have shared one breakfast between the two of us (and this would have also brought the slightly high price for breakfast down to a slightly low price.)

The marvelously inventive owner/cook/barista tells me that when fresh produce comes in, he designs the menu around it – at the moment it’s wild asparagus and garlic chives. With the garlic chives he usually makes a pesto with sunflower seeds, basil, olive oil, salt and pepper. They have a very mild garlic flavour so they can also be used where regular garlic is too strong. Hmmm, I think I have some garlic chives coming up in my garden right now — I’m off to experiment!

This entry was posted in Food around the world, North American and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

1 Response to breakfast at Cafe NeverMatters in Naramata

1. Ashley Pence says:

For breakfast, try out the classic red robin menus. Its always refreshing to see some interesting menus even in urban restaurants.