Web Folio Reflection

In this latest assignment, we were asked to create a web folio, which I was previously unfamiliar with. I found the assignment interesting and challenging. I chose to use my already established 301 UBC blog page as I felt comfortable adding pages and adding items to the menu.

The initial assignment of creating a blog site was the first time I had used such a platform and I found it difficult to navigate and create something that reflected what I had visualized in my mind. With the help of instructions and FAQ, I was able to create something that I was satisfied with and felt reflected my personality fairly well.

When there was the option to use the same site or create a new one, I chose not to reinvent the wheel and modified my currently active page. I added a couple more pages on and feel it satisfies the requirement.

The concept of the web folio is a new one for me, as I have been employed with the same company for over 10 years and have not performed an active job search since I was initially hired in 2007. Coming up on graduation, however, I appreciate that this exercise will prove beneficial in a professional job search in the future and am grateful for this practice.

This entry was posted in Blog. Bookmark the permalink.