un vite mise a jour (a quick update)

by allisonf ~ January 7th, 2011. Filed under: Uncategorized.

Bonjour!

Well all megan and I do these days is search for housing it seems. We live on the tram lines basically. We also go to school every day to get our advisor to make appointments to look at housing for us.

These are the smallest montagnes surrounding Grenoble! Everything est tres grande ici!!

We have found a great place dans le centre ville and are waiting to here back either today or tomorrow.

Le Chocolatier et Patissier

2 nights ago we met some french boys in the hostel kitchen. They are both very nice. Last night we chatted for a long time with them and other french girls came in and we practiced our french!! One of the girls gave me some really good tips for shopping in french grocery stores (very useful!). They often laugh at us (the boys), but they all (girls too!) think I have a very nice/pretty french accent (shocking!). I think the guys like it when I speak french, so that’s even more incentive to learn quickly (vite!).

We also got 2 more free beers last night. This morning we ate our usual breakfast and hoarded our usual food then went for a housing appointment then to the school as per usual. We got very lucky today, as Nicole found us a place to crash for free while we search for housing. We went to go meet the girls (3 french girls, one german who speaks great english). They are soo nice! Their place is also very well kept. I hope to practice much french there. We are just at the hostel now doing laundry, eating, and packing up then heading over there with all of our suitcases.

We also got really lucky as we got the last 2 nights of our hostel stay for free!!! We are going to buy Julien (a front desk guy at the hostel) a gift because he was so helpful and funny and also something for Guillarme (our generous bartender). We are going to a galette soiree on staurday night that Julien has planned. There will be lots of international people there! So english and french!

We are also going to get the girls who are letting us stay with them a gift of thanks as well.

That is all for now. Please cross your fingers that we get the place we want right in le centre ville!!!

A bientot! (ici, ne pas a person)

2 Responses to un vite mise a jour (a quick update)

1.   sage

so glad to get an update!! i will affirm that you secure the place you want. . .

2.   Blair

Sounds great! I sure hope you get the place you want. How about a picture or two of Julienne and/or other people you meet? Then your blog followers can put faces to names, if you like. Have fun Saturday night but don’t let the boys buy you and Megan too many free drinks (des boires gratuis?) haha..