Mar 24 / Anne Cheng

XXI Forever – Richmond Centre

So I’ve just added Tracy Chan as my friend on my marketing blog. And I came across her Jan 23 post about Forever 21 opening in Richmond Centre. I was definately excited about it when I first heard about that news. I mean seriously, like Tracy said. Who wants to go all the way from Richmond to Metrotown for some new clothes?! Now this also brings up “location, location, location”. Opening a Forever 21 in Richmond Centre is great for the customers, the Richmond Centre (RC) shopping mall and for Forever 21. Too bad for those stores like, as Tracy said again, Bluenotes and Sirens who are not doing so well. I’m sure many of you who shop at RC also have noticed A LOT of stores being relocated! I guess they are making way for the bigger stores, like Zara is rumoured to be moving into RC! *very excited!* So this brings up a question about supply chain management (SCM). In marketing class, we’ve read about how Zara has one of the best SCM in the apparel industry – very efficient! I’m definate that Forever 21 also has a very similarily efficient SCM as Zara does. How else would Forever 21 be able to have new styles of clothing every week in-store?! Like Zara, their SCM efficiency is most likely what allows Forever 21 to demand low sales prices from their customers, yet still adding value to customers by offering a variety (with their different lines, such as Forever 21, Love 21, Heritage, and mens line) of trendy clothing and accessories.