One comment

1. I love anything that has to with the Tokaido highway. One of my assignments addressed the Tokaido almost as represented in your game. I also love the background that you provided. It promised me a great gaming experience. The instructions also promised me an experience of a lifetime. The game also enhanced my understanding of Japanese travel literature because I felt like I was the shogun.
    Most importantly, I loved the realness indicated in the instructions. In those days, traveling was very dangerous. There were many setbacks that you have accounted for in every instruction. Despite these challenges, my friend and I never got stuck in a box for way too long to get bored and return for longer distances because there were many dice numbers which increased the odds of a successful journey. To be honest, it was really interesting watching how our fates (as players) played out.
    However, I was a little disappointed with the actual game. For starters, the game is within a PowerPoint. I wish it was standalone rather than embedded in another document. This limited the game experience because I had to print out the game and the instructions to avoid moving back and forth.