Application Letter

15434 98 Avenue

Surrey, BC V3R 7G4

May 21, 2020

ENGL 301 98A Technical Writing

University of British Columbia

2329 West Mall

Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z4

To my fellow ENGL 301 classmates: 

Please consider this application for becoming a team member on your technical writing team. I am currently a fourth year UBC student in the Faculty of Arts majoring in English Literature and minoring in Psychology. 

As an English student, I am able to communicate clearly and efficiently both verbally and on paper. Having been challenged throughout my studies to think critically, I have developed proficient reading and writing skills alongside an appreciation for good writing. When writing papers, it is important to give strong and convincing arguments which have taught me to write in a way that is well-structured and straight to the point. These are skills that I am able to apply in any appropriate setting. I am often asked by fellow peers to proofread and edit their work, and as a result, I am well equipped to analyze others’ work to provide helpful and sufficient feedback. While current circumstances have delayed my work, when it is possible again, I will be tutoring students in a variety of subjects. Working with others has given me a deep understanding of what it takes for a group to succeed and work cooperatively. 

From my studies to my experience working in groups, I have always appreciated and understood the importance of communication. Possessing all the skills it takes to be an excellent group member and a hardworking individual, I consider myself a valuable addition to any team. If you are interested in joining teams, please contact me at cathyliu0627@gmail.com. Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to working together as we proceed through this semester. 

Kind regards,

Cathy Liu

301-Cathy-Liu-Application-Letter